Learn more about netRivals Google Chrome Extension: how to install it and functionalities available.
How to install Netrivals Chrome Extension
netRivals’ Chrome extension can be downloaded from Chrome Web Store. In order to add it to the browser you only need to click the + Add to Chrome button. Once added, you’ll be able to start reviewing retailers’ websites.
You can also install Netrivals Chrome Extension by clicking here. When you open the extension for the first time, you will be asked to log in with your Netrivals user id and password. Once you’ve done that, you’ll notice the extension is already active in your Chrome menu.
One of the most convenient features of this extension is that you can browse sellers’ websites and find out more on price evolution. Price information is displayed in a very intuitive way allowing you to check which retailers are positioned over or below prices of your catalog.
Apart from this improvement in data visualization, another great asset of netRivals extension is that you can connect products you have not captured yet directly from the web of selllers you’re following. Once the connection is created, you will be able to see detailed updates about product position when compared to the rest of stores. You can also disconnect all of the products that are no longer in your catalog or that you are simply not interested in following. Besides, the extension also allows you to add new retailers directly from their websites.
Once you’re in a specific seller’s site you’re following, the extension will pop-up from the right. If you are in the page of a product that has already been connected, you’ll see that at the right of the product there’s a thunder.
Be aware that if you are in a store located, for instance, in Germany and you want to connect products from another store in, let’s say, France, the extension won’t be able to connect products. Therefore, we can conclude that connections always happen between stores from the same country.
The information displayed in the rank is basically the same you’d find in the platform just by browsing the web of the competitor.
You can connect products directly from the sites of sellers you’re following. When a product is not connected to one of yours, you simply need to enter the product’s name in the search bar, look for it and then click on the Connect button.
When you enter the page of a retailer you are not following, the extension will ask you if you wish to add it to your list.
If you have any questions on how to use the extension there’s a help section within the extension menu. Of course, if you have any further questions you can always contact the Customer Care specialist responsible for your account. They’ll be happy to fix any issues regarding the extension or your account in general.
- Connected product: Your shop follows the retailer displayed by your browser and the product is connected. You can disconnect the product or search your catalog for other products to connect.
- Product not connected: Your shop follows the retailer displayed by the browser but the product is not connected. You can search for the same product in your own catalog to connect it.
- Follow this store: Your store follows the seller that the browser shows.
- It doesn’t follow store: Your shop does not follow the seller displayed by your browser. In this case you can request to follow this shop. We will send you an email confirming the added rival within 24 to 72 hours.
- Displays the list of products in your catalog that are connected to the product in your browser. To connect a product use the Search in my catalogue option.
- Shows whether the product of your catalog selected in my product is connected to more than one product.
- Show the total of your retailers that have the current product connected.
Connect a Product
- To connect a product from your catalog to the product displayed in your browser, click on the My product drop-down menu and select the Search my catalog option. Then enter the name of the product to be connected and click Connect.
Disconnect a Product
- To disconnect a product from your catalog go to the Position tab, place your mouse over the product to be disconnected, click on the drop-down icon and select the Disconnect this product option.