In Europe, according to Similarweb data, there are more than 1197 million monthly visits from the main European markets, which is excellent for increasing business sales and a large number of online buyers make purchases on different marketplaces, but especially on the marketplace “Amazon”.
But in order to become one Amazon Seller, you first need to know what type of seller you are and which option is right for you and your business, being an Amazon seller or Amazon vendor?
What is the difference between an Amazon seller and an Amazon vendor?
When you are an Amazon Vendor, it is the Amazon team that buys your products and resells them to the customers of the platform, while when you are an Amazon Seller, you sell directly to Amazon customers. For this, you have two types of platforms: Amazon Seller Central and Amazon Vendor Central. And the main differences are that:
- Selling the product: With Amazon Vendor, Amazon is responsible for selling the product itself. With Amazon Seller, you have to take care of everything related to the sale of your product.
- Repricing: With Amazon Seller, you are free to choose the price of your product, unlike with Amazon Vendor, where Amazon is responsible for setting the price.
- Registration: With Amazon Seller any company can sell its products on Amazon but with Amazon Vendor you need an invitation from the Amazon team.
What are the advantages of Amazon Seller?
- Metrics: You can get relevant data by selling your product using Amazon Seller. This data will help you improve your goals.
- Control your prices: This option helps you set the price of your products.
- The choice between FBM and FBA: If you need a good logistic service, you can use the FMB program to promote your offer. And if you can’t have a logistics service, no worries! Because there is also the FBA option, and Amazon will take care of it to promote your business.
What are the advantages of Amazon Vendor?
- Consumer Confidence: Since Amazon is in charge of selling your products, it encourages customers to have more confidence in your products.
- Cost-effective and easy model: Dealing with Vendor is very simple. All you need to do is complete your orders, invoice them and avoid returns.
- Amazon Marketing Service: Both types of sellers on Amazon can benefit that Amazon offers, but those offered to Amazon vendor Central better in terms of launching advertising campaigns.
When it comes to marketing and sales strategies, there is no option that can be established as “best” as a rule. Depending on your own objectives, one will bring you more benefits than the other.